My Approach in Therapy
I value the use of stories and metaphors in fostering movement towards healing, self-discovery and recovery. With years of experience in working with clients of diverse-cultural backgrounds, I deeply understand that beyond words, pain is expressed in many other ways. In this regard, I value verbal exchanges but believe that other expressive forms of healing can be equally powerful. Meaning incorporating music, art, meditation, journaling and even therapeutic play has its place (yup, even for adults!). I utilize a combination of Expressive Arts Therapy, Mindfulness Techniques, Narrative Therapy & Hypnotherapy as appropriate to your situation. I believe that counseling is a collaborative process and that one of my roles is to help you see hidden parts of yourself serving as your GUIDE. My goal is to have you on your way, sooner than later, living your life to the fullest. So, the sooner you graduate from seeing me, the greater the reward for me as your therapist. Stop by soon!
Roanne has a special interest in supporting Filipino Women, Young Adults, Moms & Couples in her practice in the following areas:
- Parenting Challenges with the focus on supporting parents to support their child (ren).
- New moms on discovering their new parental identity & adjusting to the demands of motherhood.
- Perinatal Depression & Anxiety (before, during & after pregnancy)
- Poor Self-Esteem, Social Anxiety.
- Intergenerational conflict.
- Commnuication issues in interracial partnerships.
- Perfectionism, Shame.
- Pregnancy Loss & Fertility.
- Life stress. Grief & loss of relationships.
- Cultural Inferiority.
- Premarital Counseling.
- Undergraduate in B.S. Psychology emphasis in Human Service
- Certificate Program in Curriculum Development in Special Education
- M.A. in Psychology emphasis in Marriage Family Therapy.
- Licensed Tagalog Speaking Psychotherapist in California.
- Certified Laughing Yoga Teacher
- Trained in Hypnotherapy through the Rapid Transformation Therapy Model
- Trained in Creative Arts Therapy such as play and sand therapy.
- 12+ years of Clinical experience.